Saturday, February 11, 2006

Song For 1992

What's the name o' that bad Deep Purple song? You know the one. The one where he sings like him oot o' Manowar. How do you connect with someone? Is it over a beer? Is it because of beer? Is it always mutual? Is it always healthy? What if I don't love life? What if I give in? What if I vanish? What if I have an infarction? What if I go on an endless quest for meaning and only make it to Bernard's Smithy? What if I try to become the new Milton Balgoni? What if I try to buy The Bein Inn? What if there was no one ever?...why does this sound like Desiderata?...I don't want to give 'you' this shit. I want to be acclaimed like David Berman. I want to proclaim. I want to enlighten. I want to ken who I am. I want to love anyone who'll look twice at me. I want to have a big willy. I want to know someone called John Thomas. I want to drink 2 bottles o' 'The Vale' and have 'the power'. I want to like you all. I want to be able to say I've never visited Naughty At Home.com. I want to be ebullient. I want to be at the centre o' these conversations I hear in The Filmhoose Caff- oh Matt, you know, you're such a good DP. I wish I could extend masel. I wish I could play a different kind o' 'death game'. I wish I could tell Bert Smog how great he is. I wish I wish I was in Egypt...or that I wanted to be in East Grinstead. I wish I was Steve Immerwahr. I wish I was Mark Eitzel. I wish I'd 'shagged berds' or anyone really. I wish I'd liked people. I wish I was liked more by 'the common man'. I wish it was still 1992, not that it was that great but I was less cynical then. I would have made an erse o' it and never thought about it twice..well once and a half...there are too many things you can be scared o'. I'll tell you aboot a few...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home