Sunday, February 12, 2006

Normal People Are Daft

Sunday Sunday. I really have done nothing outside of work today. Did an 11 hour shift and felt somewhat drained when I finished. As I mentioned last night work is heavy at the moment- in a client as well as an office politics stylee. A few o' the service users are having crises and it makes for a different kinda job when you have to come in and deal with something pretty involved right from the start of the day. You have to find a way of unwinding, I suppose. Traditionally I've found it hard to leave work behind at the end of my shift. It's got harder since I've started living in a cupboard in a Twilight Zone Cowdenbeath. Anyway, sure I'll talk mair aboot a' these employment vibes soon. The Interweb caff has just been invaded by schemie little bastards. This is what plisses of public internet use are like back in Fife. The probable reason why Interweb caffs are scarce over there is that they WILL become invaded by wee shites as will any non-grog related place which opens after 5 pm. Huge cliche tho' it may be to say it there really is just nothing else to do in Fife if you're a working class kid 'cept hang around the streets so therefore bairns will always gravitate to anything at all that's open. If you ever go to a library that has interweb access and opens after school closing time it will also be clogged with the sound of popping bubblegum and contrived 'attitude'. It seems weird to see a group o' the Saughton Crew and their ilk in here as big city Interweb caff land is uniformly global and young and bourgeois. I think, in a way, I quite like to see one aspect o' the status quo being messed with! Aye being a teenager was hell in the 80's. I seriously wouldn't want to be one now. The pressure to 'conform or be cast out' (which has always been there to a certain extent) has been ramped up tenfold and you seem to simply have to act stupid/ reactionary/shitty just to get along and to 'fit in'. Of course it's the real thickies that have the hegemony on the way things are just because they can shout louder than anyway else and have forced their inhibitions oot the road. Sometimes I'm happy that I'm old! Today is possibly the first day in some time that my thoughts have predominantly veered away from TLK! It's a breakthough of sorts, I think. She's crept back in since I finished work but at least I'm getting there! Good lord...
PS due to work commitments I'm missing the Sunn O/ Earth gig in Glasgow tonight. A mite disappointed at that. I really wanted to give my bowels a good clear out.
PPS am starting to get disgruntled as a funky and beautiful couple have sat next to me. This makes me nervous. He's singing along to Supergrass while she gyrates on her seat in the glacial style. Before long I will start to dwell on privilege and how I have been 'done wrong'....I really must work on this nonsense...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home