Monday, February 13, 2006

I First Saw You Down By The Wire

Is there a place for me? Will you be there too? Maybe not. You'll be at The Venue on a Saturday night or you might be at a Brewer's Fayre jazz night. Old friends. Rekindle. Make statements about grammar that show I don't know what it all means. I'm no that bright. But he is. Intimidating and crusty. I might well be on the way out. If only I knew when. You play everything down. So do I. But maybe for once I want to shout unmentionables from the rooftop. Impossible ways of life. A lack of a design for life. Orchestrated power pop. The sway of the terrace. Brave souls adrift on the night. Mad for you. I'm aching for you. That was a song that the discerning one didn't like. I don't like it now either. I remember a house with an overgrown pond. One of the kids there had 1 ear bigger than the other. It stuck out at right angles. He drank himself to death. Manipulative. Holly Golightly is an easy listening act. I only sang for the sake of it or maybe for status akin to The Voodoo Queens. Whatever happened to Linus? They pinched my band's name. We didn't support 'vaginal pride' strongly enough. I split my keks on stage. Others have shat themselves there. The drummer shagged good time girls in toilets. I spoke to Mark E Smith. Karl Burns pissed me off. Nobody listens to me. You might not care. I'm taking a breather from myself. A weekend in Cowdengelly. Underneath the arches. Maybe Dennis really was George Best after all. He was into gangsterism and Willie Nelson. He liked me. I liked him a great deal. I'm thinking of my comrade tonight. I hope he never found god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home