Sunday, February 12, 2006

Are Supergrass Any Good?

I preferred them in the form of beavers. Rod Hull fell off a roof. Davie Powrie drank himself to death while his C5 rusted away. I got annoyed at that chunky northern poet who likes football and writes quirky verse. Lemn Sissay presented 'Jazz Club'. I went mad. I couldn't bear to read the word 'Domestos'. You 'shagged half of London'. I told mum everything. It drove her mad. Soon I will be bankrupt. Soon David will be dead. Soon I might be dead too. Soon you will find out about 'Internet Usage'. I might miss you so much that I give in. Music For Pleasure. Steven Bunting shot to fame too soon. I had a razor to my wrist in 1996... in the bathroom. It was creative expression. You were 'emotionally deprived'. I met Dr. West. She thought I should 'make more of myself'. She didn't talk to me. It was no-talking therapy. I had enough. I walked past King's Kurrys for the last time. I'm going to head off and find you in a dog-eared flat. You won't like me in that way. You admit that you will miss me when I burn. You might put on some mascara for going into town. You might 'snog dirty boys'. You might pull someone. You might be happy for a while. My brother went mad too. It was the late 90's. Everyone was doing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terekhova said...

It's 2 in the morning. 1 and a half hours ago I wasn't thinking too much about anything. Now, I'm listening to "Songs of Love (Live)" and thinking of why sometimes are more alone than others.

I miss you. Often, picking up the phone is somehow too easy - like carrying an umbrella or liking Gwen Stefani's album in a post-ironic way.

Speak to you soon, hopefully.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home