Monday, January 23, 2006

Insomnia Keeps Me Up All Night

Aye, just thinking over my last post. As you can maybe tell I try not to edit too much but I s'pose I'm just hoping that you don't think I've gone all St.Winifred's on you. Nuff said.Anyway, went to see 13 tonight. To say this is a taut and tense thriller would be to undersell it by a few country miles. It has an atmosphere mostly all it's own with a wee bit o' help from Bresson and Truffaut in certain areas. The portrayal of the extent o' the main character's plight has to be seen to be believed and some scenes do simply grab you by the baws. It's really quite something. In the John stylee my mind became a bit too over stimulated by it and for some reason I began to feel a bit weird. I had a heavy indigestion thing going on throughout the fillim and I could also feel the ticker beating swiftly. I must have started to think I was on the stage and a' these bodily functions briefly lead me to believe I was about to have an infarction or it at least crossed my none too complicated mind which is enough! I have one big fear in life. It is a totally irrational one as a human being can do NOTHING to prevent this at the time it happens. I am shit scared of dying in my sleep. There have been many nights when I know that's the reason I can't sleep. I just dinnae ken what's up with that. I know that there's no afterlife or harps or gates etc etc so why a person wi' thae beliefs should have a fear of any means of dying is uncertain. I want to know when it's going to happen tho'. Maybe I want a melodramatic flourish. I just don't want to be found rotting away after a sly coronary with my socks and pants laid oot for the next day and a' thae secrets inadvertently laid oot for you to see too! If I kent it was going to happen then I could self edit or should that be the other way round?...ha ha..

2) Aye look I'm no sure if anyone's reading this but if you are then I would really love some comments. Tell me to fuck off if you like but just to know somebody's reading would be fantastic. Also if you like it or if you think it's so shit that it's funny then tell other folk about it and give them the chance to have a laugh too!Cheers, folks/man/nobody/micro chip/ air etc etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home