Saturday, January 28, 2006

A & B

Saturday night. Being a solitary man I never expect any of the weekend frisson which seems to drive so many o' yous. This life where you 'snog boys'/ 'pull berds' etc is no one I'm that common with. The nearest I got was a Saturday night in 1994 when it seems as if I had a 'truly meaningful' conversation with someone. It lasted for 93 minutes then she went off and got married to someone else. This conversation took place next to a cigarette machine (just like the song..'she stands next to the cigarette machine...') in provincial student land. I was reverting to my default 'painfully shy' mode ie awbody else had got bored of me and went to pull berds/snog boys etc so I was standing on my ain in the pose of a tubby Ian Curtis. She came over. We talked. We fancied each other. There was a frisson going down. I wanted to kiss her then remembered my best pal at the time also fancied her. End of story. She was a bright girl who showed an interest in people and in me godamnit. It never happened again. That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home